Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time
- Thomas Merton


Sunday, September 23, 2012

Surfboards at Sunrise

I finally got it together and painted again.  It's been close to 6 months since I've picked up a brush and I'm not entirely sure why.  The painting room was mess for a while and I didn't paint because I can't paint in chaos, but I still didn't paint once it was cleaned up.  Nothing really sparked my interest long enough for me to actually get set up & paint.

I took a trip to the Carolinas a few weeks ago and took some fun pictures. I was browsing through them last week and FINALLY one just screamed to be painted.  It took a while to get back into the groove of it so the painting's pretty rough. But I'm happy with it simply because it got me painting again.

Surfboards at Sunrise (12 X 24)

The playlist for this one had to have at least one song from Jason Mraz because he's the reason I went to North Carolina in the first place but I also wanted to include songs that are current faves. I stumbled upon the music of Kris Orlowski because he followed me on Twitter. Whatever it was that made him hit that follow button is my good fortune because I've been listening to Mountains on repeat for quite a while now.  Check him out if you like folk pop music!

1. Ho Hey - The Lumineers
2. Mountains - Kris Orlowski & Andrew Joslyn
3. The Ladder - Andrew Belle
4. White Fences - NEEDTOBREATHE
5. I Will Wait - Mumford & Sons
6. Six Weeks - Of Monsters and Men
7. I'm Coming Over - Jason Mraz
8. Keep Your Head Up - Andy Grammar
9. Only Love - Ben Howard
10. Sunburn - Ed Sheeran
11. Speak for Me - John Mayer
12. Promises Promises - Jon McLaughlin
13. My Oh My - Tristan Prettyman
14. Free - Steve Moakler
15. Where the West Wind Blows - Green River Ordinance

2 comments:

  1. That is a lovely playlist! And as lovely as this view was in real life, your painting brings a life to it that can't be captured on camera, FYI... SO much talent! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely painting Booker! Great to see on here.

    ReplyDelete