Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time
- Thomas Merton


Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2011 Resolution. Fail.

Okay so I didn't quite make my goal of finishing a painting a month for my 2011 New Years Resolution.  But when I think about everything that happened throughout the year, 8 paintings isn't bad. Plus, Fall Leaves should count for at least 3, don't you think?

I also haven't painted since September.  How in the world did 3 whole MONTHS pass without me picking up a brush?! No wonder I was a massive grouch for most of November...

So, 2012's Resolution is a modification of 2011's. The goal is to complete 12 real (no practice!) paintings throughout the year. Obviously one a month isn't reasonable but a total across the year is doable.  If nothing else, the regular painting will help me keep my sanity and save my family, friends, and co-workers from experiencing another November with me.  Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment