Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time
- Thomas Merton


Wednesday, January 25, 2012

London Travels

I've been in London a few days now and already have some fun pictures planned for painting! There's an abundance of historical sites to photograph and wandering the museums just makes me want to grab a brush and start painting.  My favourite so far has been the Courtauld Gallery at Somerset House (even the small sketches are amazing!) but I haven't hit the National Gallery. Yet. I'm hoping to snag a ticket to the da Vinci exhibit that is focused solely on his paintings.

Here's a sample of a couple photos that I plan to paint at some point. 

The first in St. James's Park just outside Buckingham Palace. The second is looking out my friend's kitchen window.






1 comment: