Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time
- Thomas Merton


Sunday, February 6, 2011

Baby Clothes: Part Deux

I absolutely love this painting. It's a baby (or first birthday) gift for my cousin, her (almost) husband, and (obviously) their baby. More parentheses anyone?

I mostly love it because these are the baby's actual onesies and blankets hanging on their line. Since I've had the pleasure of visiting them, it's almost as if I'm sitting on the deck enjoying a sunny morning in Broome. I say morning because I'm pretty sure I'd die in the afternoon heat during the wet. During the dry too. I'm a wimp.

To my dear Carla:
It's taken a while for you to find your happy place and I'm so glad you've discovered it in a beautiful country with a wonderful guy and an adorable kid. Oodles of love and hugs to all three of you!

Let's place bets on how long it takes to ship to Oz!


Baby Clothes (9x12)
 
I recently heard the new album from Plain White T's and remembered how much I loved them. So, as a way to reinforce my obsessive tendencies, I made a playlist of all Plain White T's songs from their last three albums. Kind of fitting, don't you think, for them to sing me through a painting of clothes?

Albums
1. Every Second Counts (2007)
2. Big Bad World (2008)
3. Wonders of the Younger (2010)

I happily sang along to each and every song while painting. I'm so easily entertained.

2 comments:

  1. I think this might be one of my favorites. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done, Shelley. It is a treasure someone will keep forever.

    ReplyDelete