Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time
- Thomas Merton


Sunday, February 13, 2011

Chinook Days

I had all these wonderful plans to paint this weekend. Shows what I know.

The picture of The Dog (it's a surprise and on the <1% chance she'll check out the blog, no names until it's done) didn't have enough definition for me to make him (her?) look like he's supposed to look.

Plan B was to keep working on Fall Leaves. I had blocked in the background greens right after Baby Clothes was done so I figured I could keep getting those colors blended. Except they're not blending the right way and it's leaving weird brush strokes. I decided to be a grown-up and just set it aside instead of throwing my brushes somewhere. Throwing something would have been MUCH more satisfying.

Since it's an absolutely beautiful day outside, I went for a muddy, slushy walk and felt much better. When I got back, I opened my patio door and some windows and this is what happened. Not my best, but I did the whole thing in less than an hour. I feel better now.

Happy Chinook everyone!

Mountain Peace (8x10)

2 comments: