Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time
- Thomas Merton


Sunday, February 20, 2011

Family Trees

These two paintings were done from small (4x4) prints I found at Michael's.  When my brother and sister-in-law first moved to Calgary, we had lots of fun decorating, talking about paintings, what color to paint the walls.  They had to do lots of finishing work on the house - tile the fireplace and create a mantle, landscape, build a deck, a fence, etc.  It ended up looking fantastic.  I painted these for them to go on either side of the mantle.  They had to be done twice, due to a fiasco with varnish and cracking.
Note to self: ALWAYS USE SPRAY VARNISH!!!

They moved to the US a year and a half ago and I still miss being able to pop up to their house for a visit.  I can't wait until they move back to Canada!  I'm going to paint them something new, just to have the delivery as an excuse to visit more.

Family Trees (16x20)

Family Trees (16x20)

2 comments: