Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time
- Thomas Merton


Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Freud

First painting of the year - DONE!!!

I can't wait for my friends to get back from the Caribbean so I can give it to them (the lucky brats are on a cruise enjoying warmth and sun and water. I so hate them right now). Of course, it'll be a while before it's dry enough to deliver, but it's done nonetheless.

I also just need to complain about the fact that all of my friends are either somewhere warm and wonderful right now or they will be soon. One in the Caribbean, two different sets of friends in Cuba, one off to Mexico, one off on a cruise, and another off to Hawaii. Not to mention the cousin in Australia who keeps dangling the tropical 30•C temps like a proverbial carrot. What's up with me staying in cold (okay, slightly warmer than last week) Calgary?  I seriously need to make some travel plans. 



Freud  (20x24)
 As for Freud's playlist, I decided to put my iPod on shuffle for 15 songs and see what came up. Not a bad selection.

1. August Moon - Sara Bareilles
2. High Horses - The Swell Season
3. Up All Night - Jim Bryson & The Weakerthans
4. Our Day Will Come - Jamie Cullum
5. Did You Get My Message? - Jason Mraz
6. Jolene - Ray LaMontagne
7. Sympathize - Amos Lee
8. Yes - Coldplay
9. Happy Ending - Mika
10. I'd Rather Be With You - Joshua Radin
11. Last Request - Paolo Nutini
12. Smile Like You Mean It - The Killers
13. Edge of Desire - John Mayer
14. Understand - Joss Stone
15. Either Way, I'll Break Your Heart - Augustana

3 comments:

  1. I love that playlist! It helps that I woke up singing "Did you get my message?" & have had it in my head all day... great minds! also: COME TO THE CAROLINAS and get your "warm" on!! Granted, it's not summer... but there's no snow on the ground and I can walk outside in a sweatshirt - wore flip flops last week! Just sayin'... you're always welcome - & it's slightly cheaper than Oz... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohno! It's not letting me see the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Photo's fixed. It's still blurry, but it's the best I can do. Not sure what's up with my computer.

    Steph, if I had any money whatsoever, I'd be there tomorrow. Maybe the summer? Or are you off to California?

    ReplyDelete