Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time
- Thomas Merton


Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Losing Yourself

There is no better feeling than losing yourself in painting. To have absolutely everything fade away and your sole focus be on colors, lines, and brush strokes. Time passes unchecked, worries and stresses disappear, your mind is completely empty. It's glorious.

I did it tonight. Time didn't exist. I felt the stress slide off my shoulders and I lost myself. When I came to, I realized 4 hours had passed; my back, shoulders, and hands ached (in the best possible way); and I was exhausted & re-energized at the same time. I feel fantastic.

I hope everyone out there has something that does for them what painting does for me. I wish empty minds and a few hours of stress free joy for you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment