Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time
- Thomas Merton


Thursday, December 30, 2010

Connemara Boat



Connemara Boat (8x10)

I have some wonderful friends who are AMAZING photographers. They also happen to live in some pretty incredible places and travel to even more beautiful places. They've been kind enough to let me live vicariously through their photos and paint to my hearts content.

I'll try really hard to remember to note which paintings are from their photos and where in this wonderful world it was taken.

My Grandma W had asked for a painting a while ago. Nothing too big or "out there" she said. When I asked about colors, style, etc., she said she wanted green - to match her living room. Now, I tried to explain that something with a few colors, maybe green with complimentary colors, might be a nice choice. Completely selfish on my part, since, you know, all one color is kind of boring to paint. There is no swaying Grandma once her mind is made up. Without a doubt, a green painting is what she got. This one is from Connemara, Ireland (from Chris & Kelly).

1 comment: