Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time
- Thomas Merton


Thursday, December 16, 2010

Jungle Baby

Done, Done and DONE!!!
I can't believe it! Jungle Baby is complete. I need to stop now, or I'll keep "fixing" until I ruin it. Can't wait for it to dry so I can give it to my friend and find out if her daughter likes it.

Jungle Baby (8x10)
When I'm painting, I tend to listen to the same songs over and over again as background noise. It used to be a single CD but, alas, times have changed and I now make myself a playlist of current favorites, some classic tunes, and some random stuff. Sometimes the songs are related to the topic of the painting, the reason for the painting, or are associated with the person the painting is for. Other times, it's just whatever I like that day/week.

Here's the Jungle Baby Playlist:

1. For the First Time - The Script
2. The Way I Am - Ingrid Michaelson
3. Jolene - Jeremy Fisher
4. Jar of Hearts - Christina Perri
5. Belief - John Mayer
6. Sleeping to Dream - Jason Mraz
7. Stay the Night - James Blunt
8. Sigh No More - Mumford & Sons
9. My Little Girl - Jack Johnson
10. What We Want, What We Get - Dave Barnes
11. Love Song - Sara Bareilles
12. La Scène - Chantal Archambault
13. Sing - Travis
14. Wonderful - Gary Go
15. You Are a Part of Everything - Josh Kelley

4 comments:

  1. Looks great. Will have to check out the songs too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that Mumford and Sons AND Travis are on your list of songs to listen to!!! Hurray!

    Also, I love your painting. Especially the elephant. I want to swing from his ears.

    ReplyDelete