Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time
- Thomas Merton


Monday, December 20, 2010

Puppies

I should be wrapping presents and packing to leave for Christmas, but I just had to start this one before I left.

A bit of history. Christmas two years ago, I painted a surprise painting for a friend and her husband; a Warhol-esque painting of their dog Skippy who had recently died. A sad time for all who knew and loved her.

Skippy (24x36)

Now this one is of their dog Freud. While I loved painting Skippy and can't wait to see this one done, I hope I don't have to paint them another one for a good long while.


2 comments:

  1. I like this latest one. Kind of Ted Harrison-esque.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I didn't notice the similarities until you mentioned it. The colors are very Ted Harrison.

    ReplyDelete