Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time
- Thomas Merton


Monday, December 13, 2010

The Nook!

I am not an organized person.  Not even remotely.  The only thing that ever gets organized on a semi-regular basis is my painting and supplies.  Because I can't create in chaos.  Or in a dreary, empty space.  It has to look right.  I never know what "right" is until it is.  Which sounds completely flaky and weird, I know, but there's no other explanation. 

Right now, the painting nook looks lovely; everything in its place and easily accessible.  There are blank walls for shelves and more pictures, but the piles are gone.  Any bets on how long it'll stay that way?

Before cleaning/organizing


After! 
Shelves are going on the right and more pictures on the end wall.  When I paint more.


Since I was inspired and, let's face it, motivated to share, Jungle Baby painting resumed.  Here's how it looked for the past few (like, 10) months.  All stalled out and blah.

(Original idea http://hitdecors.com/decorate/category/interior-design/page/2/)
 

And here is what it looks like now.  Not quite done, but MUCH closer.  Poor giraffe needs a face.


1 comment: