Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time
- Thomas Merton


Thursday, December 23, 2010

Snow!!

I love change.  Sort of.  Okay, not really.  But I do love small, controlled changes.  Like changing pictures and re-decorating my place.  Or anyone else's place, for that matter.  I get it from my mother.  A friend once joked that my mom's living room must be getting smaller from all the layers of paint on the walls.  She and my dad just changed the entire look of their house by laying hardwood (the REAL stuff) and painting the kitchen/dining room walls red.  RED!!  It looks amazing.

In honor of all that change, I felt the need to change the background of the blog.  A little snow to enjoy through the holidays.


I took this photo on my drive to the farm for Christmas.  There is something pure and perfect about a snowy sunset on the prairies.  If I had my paint and everything here, I'd be painting right now.  Since I don't, I suppose I'll get to it eventually.

Merry Christmas!!

3 comments:

  1. I love this picture!! Amazing. I can't wait to see you paint it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some photos I took near your farm when Tanya and I stayed there. I will send them to you.

    ReplyDelete